
I have been acquainted with the Flylady (Marla Cilley) for a number of years. She is a very down-to-earth, tell you like-it-is kinda lady. She could seriously be earning a very hefty income by charging for her ideas, but she doesn't. She truly just wants to help other people learn how to set up routines that can help get rid of the clutter and put their homes and lives in order. She does all of this through the goodness of her heart.
I have "fluttered" off and on, & have been fairly successful at following several of the "routines" she recommends. I get the Flylady daily digest in my email every morning. This morning after I came home from aerobics I sat down at my computer and clicked on her posting for the day. It was called "The Weekly Home Blessing Hour". This is one of the routines I have never gotten around to doing. I clicked on the flylady Blogtalk radio link and decided to give it a try. I tend to be a person who gets sidetracked easily (self diagnosed A.D.D.), and I think in my mind that I have rationalized that that is why I "can't" stick to the FLYlady routines. Actually, her whole idea is that you can do anything for "10 minutes"! Well, after setting my timer repeatedly for 10 minutes to accomplish 6 different things I was amazed at what I had accomplished.
I worked so hard I lost about 185 pounds in one hour!!! Yep, you read that right--- ;)
One of the 10 minute steps was to get rid of magazines that were around your home. After struggling with feelings of guilt at the thought of throwing away my past subscriptions to the Ensign, New Era, & The Friend church magazines, (and with "permission" to "let go" from my husband and a couple of good friends) I loaded up the back of my van with 8 years worth of well organized monthly magazines, and took them to the recycling center.
Whew, I feel so much lighter!
I'm not trying to sound like an infomercial, I just know that by taking these babysteps and incorporating her ideas, I have really been able to feel more peace in my life and home. I am far from having it all together, but every little step is progress.
4 comments:
Way to go! We just got rid of a bunch of old church magazines too. They're all online, so you don't need the hard copy, right? Well, a few hours after putting them all in the dumpster (I guess we could have recycled them) I wished we still had them so I could cut out pictures for an Enrichment poster I was doing. Oh well.
I agree, there is no need to keep them all when they can be accessed online...
Way to go. I love FLYLADY. She is the coolest thing. I try hard to keep my routines but I am very bad. Keep it up
I have 2 rather large contractor size garbage bags full of toys from working on the play room the other day. However they are still sitting here as my car is in being fixed.....but it does feel good.
Post a Comment