Thursday, November 8, 2012

BABY BABY BABY!!!

We have some VERY EXCITING NEWS!!!


While I was still in Utah with Ryan, and Amy & Kevin had headed back home to Georgia, we had a 3 way SKYPE call from Jordan and Shawn.  As we were visiting Shawn picked up their kitty, Gracie, and held her up to the camera.  She was wearing a soother tied around her neck.  At first I was a little confused wondering why they would give the kitty that for a play toy.  Then suddenly it occurred to me..."WHAT???  Does this mean what I think it might mean???"  Kevin & Amy were still confused on their end of the call.  "Kevin, read that tag around Gracie's neck", I said excitedly.  April 2013!!  "Are you really having a baby, Jordan??"  We all cheered!!!  YAAAAYYYY!!!   Jordan was a little nervous, so they wanted us to keep it a secret until she was at least 12-14 weeks along.  Ahhh, after waiting 4 years that was such a hard thing to do!

A few weeks later I returned home from Utah.  Bently and Bonnie were here at our house waiting to see us when I got home from the airport. They met us in the hallway and Bonnie pulled two paint chips out of her pocket as she said "We're redecorating the spare bedroom, which color should we choose?" (pink or blue?) We immediately knew what that meant and started cheering and hugging. YAY...baby West is due March 29th!

So...in September we decided to have a 5 way SKYPE phonecall session with Bently & Bonnie in Newnan GA, Natalie & Jack in NC, Jordan & Shawn in Texas, Ryan in Utah, and Kevin, Amy & me in Georgia.  We knew Jordan & Bonnie's news, but thought it would be fun for them to share their news with us all at the same time.  When we finally all got connected it was so neat to "be together" even though we were hundreds & thousands of miles apart.

To our surprise after Jordan said she was expecting, and Bonnie & Bently said they were expecting, Natalie chimed in and said "I am too!!!" What? Really? What an exciting skype session that was!!! We're having 3 new babies in our family all within 5 weeks of each other! I'm going to be one very busy...excited Grandma! :) :) :)

 
Natalie & Jack's very cute announcement


I wrote this post several months ago.  Now we know more details about our grandchildren...

 and Jackson and Clayton are going to have...
a baby BROTHER !!!  ...Due March 14th!
 
Poor Jackson really wanted a baby sister...
I'm sure he'll get used to the idea and love
his new baby brother as much as he loves Clayton.

Natalie Oct. 13
  
 Bonnie & Bently's facebook announcement-
"We have a bun in the oven!"

...and it's a baby BOY!!!  --- Due March 20th!
 
Jordan & Shawn's facebook announcement
and it's a Baby...GIRL due April 17th!!! 
 
Life is going to be very exciting for the West family this Spring! 
 
(For some reason I can't get those extra pictures of Bently & Bonnie to delete, so rather than fool with it and risk loosing my whole post, I'm just leaving it. )     :(


 



2 comments:

Jordan said...

YAY!!! I'm so excited that all three married siblings/spouses are pregnant at the same time!

And I feel so special that I was the only person to know about all 3 pregnancies for about three minutes! I obvioiusly knew about my own, I had known for several days about Natalie & Jack, and had just found out a few minutes earlier about Bently & Bonnie but Natalie & Jack didn't know about B&B and you guys or B&B didn't know about Natalie & Jack. OOO I'm special! haha

Kara said...

We heard the news (3x over) awhile ago, but it was still fun to hear your perspective of how you found out about each of them so close together! I'm excited for you all, especially the new parents!

PS- our family does 7-way google hangouts (similar to skype) about once a month. It's not as nice as being together, but it's a good way to stay connected.