Last night our mall had a special "Milk and Cookies with Santa" event. I'm not sure why I didn't get on the ball and buy Amy a ticket ahead of time. We stopped by her friends house after school to play for a bit and they encouraged us to just go to the mall and try to get a ticket. We tried pulling some strings -Bonnie talking to the mall manager...no tickets left!! Another friend who was with us is neighbors with the manager... nope no tickets left!! :( Of course you can imagine Amy was pretty disappointed after we had told her about it. She was handling the disappointment pretty well though. Then my cell phone rang and my friend told me that someone didn't show up, & the mall manager said Amy could participate, but to keep it quiet since other people wanted to particpate too. We quickly changed Amy into her Christmas P.J's in Bonnie's office, and hurried to the end of the mall where all the tables were set up.Each child got a little goodie bag, a plate with 3 different cookies on it and a glass of milk. They sat there coloring a picture while they waited for Santa to arrive. You could just feel how excited all of the children were!!

When Santa got there he went around to each table, briefly talked to each child, and posed for a quick picture with them. I was so thrilled with the pictures I got of Amy and Santa. :)

Santa then sat in a big armchair and read a story to the children. It was difficult to hear him, & Amy kept inching her way up closer. Some kids gave up since they couldn't hear. Not Amy, she stayed there til the end.
Amy was VERY excited to get Santa's REAL "Audagragh" too!!!

Amy was VERY excited to get Santa's REAL "Audagragh" too!!!
5 comments:
Cute! Sounds like a lot of fun! But watch out...now she'll compare santa's autograph with what is on her gifts under the tree!
I can't believe I didn't hear about the event - looks pretty cool! And you're right, some adorable pictures of Amy!
That is so cute! My girls accidentally found Santa at a grocery store. They were in Heaven! it's fun to see the excitement about Santa blooming in them, but I also need to try and instill the same for the true symbol of the season. Gorgeous pictures of Amy BTW. :)
Mommy, that is a really pretty picture of you and Amy!!! The one of Amy and Santa is really cute too! I'm impressed that you worked so hard to get Amy a ticket! Good work! I'm glad that she got to be a part of the event.
Just checking your blog and saw the cute pictures. Sounds like you had a great Christmas. Happy new year!
Post a Comment