I haven't blogged in quite a while. It's not that nothing has been happening...quite the contrary! Life has been full of many wonderful things.
Bently and Bonnie came for Thanksgiving. We love that they just live 40 minutes away, and we can get together fairly often. Of course, I could handle more often, but they both drive about 40 minutes to work every day, so I know they don't always feel like getting in the car and driving here when they have time off.
I think I only got one picture of our Thanksgiving dinner, & somehow, I can't find that on my camera anymore. Oh well, we had turkey and all the usual yummy side dishes- mashed potatoes, dressing, sweet potato souffle, strawberry pretzel salad, green beans....and then of course, as if that wasn't enough there was pumpkin, pecan & apple pie. Oh my! :)
Quite a few years ago we began the tradition of going to Cannon St. School to help prepare and serve Thanksgiving dinner to the less fortunate people in our town. I get our turkey in the oven early, then we work at the school for about 3 hours. Its fun to just jump in and work along side of people we don't even know. Sometimes we're washing dishes, opening cans of vegetables or cranberry sauce, cutting pies, stirring the vegetables while they are heating, serving plates of food, filling take out boxes for the home bound people or delivering meals. Everyone is happy to be helping and it has become a tradition that we really enjoy doing.
 |
| Ryan and his friends Keith & Kevin Jourden |
 |
| Washing and Washing and Washing Some More Dishes at Cannon St. School |
2009
 |
| 2009 |
 |
| Add caption | | | | | |
Last Thanksgiving two elves showed up at our house. They stuck around until Christmas watching Ryan and Amy to be sure they were behaving. A cute book came with the elves that said every night they fly back to Santa and give him a report. We weren't allowed to touch them or they would loose their magic. Every morning the
first thing Amy would do is hop out of bed and run to see where the elves were hiding.
Ryan and Amy's Elves Martin &Jamie showed up at Thanksgiving again this year. They left a trail of Hershey kisses from the bedroom out into the kitchen where they were hanging from the step stool. It's always fun to see where they hide.
 |
| "Mom...look where the elves are this morning! |
| Ryan's is | | | trying to snitch a gumdrop!" |
This sure has become a fun holiday tradition. I have a feeling some elves just might show up at Jackson & Clayton's house one of these years! :)
1 comment:
What a fun post! I love that Amy still has fun with the elves.
Post a Comment