Sunday, June 14, 2009

Undeniably Answered Prayers!!

Last Friday my nephew, Bryan Wilson and his new bride, Aisling had their wedding reception in Utah. Sadly, I was not able to attend even though I would have loved to be there to help out and enjoy the joyous occasion. My Mom & Dad were able to fly out there for the reception though.
My Dad has Alzheimer's, but does fairly well still. He is having more difficulty remembering names and details, but my Mom helps compensate when things are difficult for him.

Natalie related this incident to me Saturday morning...

Friday all of the family was very busy decorating the back yard, and preparing the food etc for the reception that night. My Dad had helped out some, and decided to go for a walk. Everyone continued working away for quite some time, and when they realized that Dad was still gone- they were very concerned!!
I asked Natalie if Grandma (my Mom) was just beside herself worried. Apparently Mom was the one who held everyone together. She kept saying that she really felt he was safe, but she was concerned about how he would be handling it emotionally.

Many prayers were said and family along with the police went searching for him throughout Orem for 5+ hours. It is frightening to think of how many different directions he could have gone. My Mom stayed home to answer the phones etc.
My niece said that when her Mom and little sister Emily stopped to say another prayer, Emily had said, "and if we can't find Grandpa, help him find us." ...and that's how the prayers were answered!

On top of having a wedding reception to prepare for, my brother needed to take my nephew for a physical for scout camp. The medical center was about a 20-25 minute drive away in the next city (Lindon). When they walked into the medical center there was my Dad sitting there!
He had stopped at a building next door, and had the thought that "no, he should not stop there, but go next door!" He had had someone phone a cab to take him back to my brother's house (even though he didn't really know where that was). The timing was so perfect, thankfully the cab had not yet arrived before my brother got there.

It just brings tears to my eyes to think of the huge relief everyone must have felt when they heard that Dad had been found!! There is no denying that our Heavenly Father knows us and that he knows our needs and concerns. He was definitely the instrument in leading my Dad to that particular place at that exact time!! Miracles happen today!! So many prayers were answered!!! So many prayers of gratitude were then expressed!!

Another huge blessing was that my Dad had not gotten upset and confused feeling even though he realized he didn't know where he was. He was able to enjoy the reception that evening.
That 6+ hours of walking did lead to some pretty tired muscles the next day. ;)
The fact that they were able to finish the reception preparations in time after taking so many hours out searching for Dad is a miracle too!

This will definitely be a family story handed down through the generation of how Heavenly Father works miracles in our lives.

3 Generations
My Dad & Mom
Natalie & Jackson (10 months)



6 comments:

Unknown said...

Chris-
I'm glad prayers were answered and faith was exercised. It was a good reminder to us all that Heavenly Father knows us and watches out for us! I actually had no idea this happened until after the reception! I didn't get to come help out before, so no one really mentioned it to me until a few days later. I think they were all just glad to have him back and didn't want to dwell on it any more. Plus there was a party to attend to!

Jordan said...

oh my goodness, I'm crying like a baby. I had already heard the story before, but for some reason reading it is really emotional.

This is such a scary thing to have had happen. I am so glad that he was safe and calm. There is no way this was a coincident. I am so thankful our Heavenly Father is looking out for all of us.

Corley said...

that is awesome! what a sweet and profound testament that Heavenly Father truly knows us. I'm so glad that your daddy is ok. We went through things like that with my Granny who had Alzheimer's. It is painful to watch their minds fade, but so rewarding to give back the help and support they have given you. What a tender spiritual experience!

Karen said...

blessings

Valerie said...

I am so glad your family's prayers were heard and answered! I am so glad everything turned out okay!

TheVillamorFamily said...

amazing story!