Monday, May 5, 2008

Grandpa & Grandma West's Visit

Just wanted to share some of the pictures that we took while Grandpa & Grandma West were here for a visit April 15-April 26. We stayed very busy, & sure enjoyed having them here.



" Hills and Dales" The 170 year old Estate of Fuller E. Callaway in LaGrange. We have driven past this mansion for 24 years while living in LaGrange-always wishing we could get a closer peek at what lay hidden behind the big wroght iron gates. Recently the home and surrounding
gardens on its 35 acres was opened to the public . Because there is a fee to take the tour, we have waited until we had some company visiting to go on the tour ourselves. It was amazing!!


Callaway Gardens Very rare beautiful butterfly!


Providence Canyon


Plains GA-peanut country Pres. Jimmy Carter's school


Andersonville-Confederate Prisoner camp-Ryan did his
National History Day project about Andersonville and went
to State with his project.


Grandpa and Grandma at Amy's school.



We finally pinned Bently down, & got everyone together for a picture the day before Grandma and Grandpa left. The last picture is one Jordan worked her photo shop magic on combining the previous two pictures. Pretty spiffy, eh? :)


6 comments:

Natalie said...

Fun to see all those pics. Looks like you guys had a good time and did a lot of stuff--- a lot of stuff I haven't ever done growing up there! I'll have to come be a guest.

Chris said...

Please DO!! We'd love to go do those things with you too :)

Jordan said...

awww man, it looks like yall had a lot of fun... too bad I couldn't join you!!

Jordan said...

okay, so... I photoshopped the two family pictures together that were at the bottom of the post. I'm going to email it to you mom... You should post it on here under the other two pictures so everyone can see my craftiness ha ha.
Jordan

Jordan said...

Mommy... add the picture I sent you :-)

XOXO

Which are hugs? the x's or the o's... Which are kisses? I can justify either answer...

For Kisses - The O is the shaped of puckered lips... The X is the shape of your lips when you make a fishy face... or ha ha kisses can be X rated...

For the hugs - The O is the arms in a circle around someone. The X is the arms crossed behind the other person's back when you're hugging them.

I need help... I've always been confused. Why don't I know this?!?! I'm almost 20 for goodness sakes!

Jordan

Unknown said...

That's some great photoshop work there Jordan! Thanks for the comment on my blog Chris!
-Leslie