

Amy has been talking about getting her hair cut and donating it to "Locks of Love" for a long time now. We drive right past our haircut place going to and from school every day, & she keeps asking me to make her an appointment with Miss Patti. Obviously, it has been me who has been dragging my feet about cutting off all that beautiful golden blonde hair. Today was a teacher work day, & the kids didn't have school...so, today was the day! Ryan videoed the event as I snapped pictures. Patti loves Amy's hair & had a very hard time, but she agreed to cut off 11". There is plenty left to make a nice pony tail or a bun for dance. As you can see, Amy is quite excited about it! Kevin is the one who usually gives her a bath, so he is looking forward to "no more tangles" after washing her hair.
When we were driving home after the haircut, I looked in the rear view mirror at her and jokingly said "I wonder if Mrs. Davis will announce that they have a new student in the class when you go back to school on Monday?" She thought about that for a few minutes and then said with a quiver in her voice "I will be sad if none of my friends know who I am anymore!".... Poor girl. I just hope people don't say "Oh Amy, why did you cut your hair?"
We're proud of Amy for wanting to share her beautiful hair with another child and donating it to Locks of Love!





6 comments:
Hooray! It is really cute. I think dad was right--she looks a lot more like Jordan and I at that age now with shorter hair. ...of course her hair isn't nearly as short as mine was...
She is beautiful! What a grat service she did. Hopefully you will add a few more minutes to your day without having to take care of tangles!
PS- by the time you read this, we'll be on our way to MK's for a couple of days. Can Forrest and Ryan hook up sometime?
I absolutely love it!!! I'm so excited you finally made the appointment! Jessica is so excited!!
She looks so grown up! Cute pictures!
Natalie....I wonder why she didn't go for the "Dorky Hamil" look??:)
I'm proud of you! That is a great project. Several people here have done it.
Post a Comment