
On President's day our family went to the Wild Animal Safari in Pine Mountain with several other families from our Branch. We rented two big 15 passenger vans to drive through the park. It was so much fun to pile in there together. We laughed and squeeled as the huge buffalo, deer, girraffe, zebras, and other animals came right up to the van and actually stuck their heads in the "window". After seeing the animals drool and slobber all over the place and having those huge horns come right up to us we were VERY glad we didn't drive our own car in there! It's amazing that this place is only 25 minutes down the road and we had never gone there before. We need to do more things like this together. It's the stuff fun family memories are made of. We feel so blessed to have such great friends in our little Branch. We're all like family!!
4 comments:
I'm jealous. I love stuff like that. But Ryan, you disappoint me. When an elk, or a deer, or whatever that is, puckers up and leans in, you can't give it a cold cheek. You gotta lay one right on his slobbery grass-stained lips. I'm sure his feelings were hurt.
Jerry
Looks fun! I went there for school field trips once or twice.
What a great day you all had! I'm jealouse of your branch. Our ward was a branch for many years and now it's divided becasue they don't want to be a ward! They just want to complain and heaven forbid if they are asked to work. I'd much rather work with the animals who stuck their heads in your car than with our members! I'd like to take FOrrest an sadie there when we come March 17-19.
I remember going to a place like that when I was six! I'm 25 now and I still remember the giraffe licking my mom's hand and the window with its purple tongue! It was our car though, unlike your tour van! You're right those are the trips that make memories.
-Leslie
Post a Comment